OCTOBER 15, 2017 (Sun) - kcbs contest
BAY STATE BBQ CHAMPIONSHIP
PARTRIDGE HOLLOW CAMPGROUND, MONSON MA
The inaugural Bay State BBQ Championship will take place Saturday night & Sunday, October 14-15, at Partridge Hollow Campground in Monson, MA -- between Springfield and Sturbridge in south-central MA. Teams will be able to set-up on Saturday (October 14) and compete in an optional Steak Cook-off on Saturday night, followed by a potluck dinner. After competing on Sunday, and the awards ceremony, we'll leave. If teams wish to take additional nights at the campground, they can also do that at a discounted price.
Located off I-90, Partridge Hollow is surrounded by Brimfield State Forest and we should expect great fall foliage during these dates. The campground offers 30 amp electric and water in all locations, a sewage dump station, showers and restrooms.
about the contest
- KCBS BBQ CONTEST: Sanctioned by the Kansas City Barbecue Society, KCBS rules apply. The Bay State BBQ Championship is finalizing a Massachusetts state proclamation and is considered a 50/50 draw for the Jack Daniels Invitational in Tennessee. The Grand Champion also can receive an invitation to the American Royal World Series of Barbecue in Kansas City MO. If the contest attracts 30 teams, it will qualify for Sonny’s Smokin’ Showdown Invitational in Sanford FL.
- CATEGORIES: Chicken, Pork Ribs, Pork, Beef Brisket
- PRIZE PURSE: Prize Purse will be at least $2,500 based on 25 teams and rise from there, up to $4,000 for 35 teams. Trophies and cash prizes will be awarded for Grand Champion, Reserve Grand Champion and 1st for each day’s contests; medals and cash awarded to 2nd through 5th place. An awards statement will be in your arrival pack.
- WORLD FOOD CHAMPIONSHIPS GOLDEN TICKET: Sunday’s KCBS Grand Champion can compete in the 2018 WFC Barbecue Championship. Winners are responsible for any entry fees or travel costs.
- ENTRY FEE: $325 (includes all 4 categories, plus Saturday night campground lodging)